Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Miswa Batchoy for a Holiday Breakfast



Today is a holiday. Holiday for what, I really don't know. It's like we've been celebrating a lot of holidays lately and for all you know, it's becoming a regular one and each year it comes, it's celebrated without my complete understanding what it is. From what I've read, today is the 2nd most important feast for Muslims. God Bless this Holiday, but yeah, I'm still not understanding it. I hope the government give us some sort of explanation why we're getting too much holidays these days. I mean, don't get me wrong. Who doesn't like to be on holiday? It's just that I don't understand it like the other holidays that we usually have.

And so why am I starting this post with a holiday? Maybe because since it's holiday, I am too lazy to get up that I don't know what to eat for breakfast. It took me 'til 10am today to figure out what to eat.



I've been promoting my online shop(http://belladonnaenterprise.multiply.com) on facebook since I woke up this morning and after hours of doing so, I felt the need for food. And because I am alone (again) in my humble room, I went out for pandesal, miswa batchoy, pancit bihon and one-fourth slice of cheese. God, I realized I'm really hungry, I'm binging on the food I am seeing. So this morning, I had one pandesal with cheese, one tall glass of milk and this miswa soup. The missy who was selling this at the compound gate of my humble abode in Paco told me it's miswa batchoy. I can tell by the taste that it was made out of sauteed ginger, garlic and onion. With pork meat, liver and blood cubes, the miswa was added with ample amount of water to make a sumptuous soup.


It's like having chicken arroz caldo. And it's my first time to try this. I decided so just to have an experience of what it tastes like. I mean, I can have anything and I'm not too sensitive with any dish except, except curry! I don't like any kind of curry. So well, yeah, this dish does not really appeal in the eyes but it's good enough to warm you up in the morning. Perhaps I will cook my own version when I get back home to my parents.

Mangia, Mangia!

BellaDonna <3

No comments:

Post a Comment