Thursday, April 22, 2010

Nilagang Bulalo ng Baka (for the love of hot soup)

I'm thankful that my parents taught us how to eat beef. Because, my mom's family (her siblings and parents) does not eat any beef dish. Well, not all of them but most of them. Otherwise, I will be missing the delicious taste and exciting experience of sipping the hot soup of nilaga, the spicy taste of kaldereta or the sweet-sour blend of bistek. There you are... join me in sipping one of my favorite soup dish: Nilagang Bulalo ng Baka (this is not the Bulalo soup dish, although we used the beef shank in preparing this Nilaga and Bulalo are still two different dishes).

Photobucket

INGREDIENTS:

1 kilo beef shank, cut into cubes
3-6 medium sized potatoes
baguio beans
pechay
1 celery stalk
sibot
garlic
onion
salt and pepper

HOW TO:

Boil the beef shank together with garlic,onion, sibot, salt and pepper until tender. Add the potatoes until it is cooked. Add the baguio beans, pechay leaves and celery stalks when the beef and tomatoes are tender to bite. Add some more salt and pepper if desired.

It's that easy!

Love,

Bella Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment