Monday, April 5, 2010

Bangusilog--- I love breakfast!

There's just no good thing that can wake me up in the morning other than the voice of my niece saying "ah, yey-yey and her tiny scream that could fill up the whole room. She's a one-year-old little girl with very thin hair strands and tan skin who walks up to our room banging the door, crawling up on our beds and sit on top of your belly thinking you're a little horse she's riding on. Weekends like these makes me get up with the smell of minced garlic being sauteed in a pan and the sound of the cooking oil's tiny bursts when you put the cooked rice on to make it a sumptuous garlic rice served together with homemade daing na bangus (smoked milkfish). The vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper marinade bring out the best in milkfish especially if it's done overnight or just as when the fish is cooked in vinegar. Wow, it's really heaven :) My siblings differ in cooking the egg for breakfast. One would like a sunny side up, rare, one toasted, one scrambled. I like mine with the yolk rare because I'd like to put it over my garlic rice. We still buy extra pandesal with peanut butter because my mother would have it as "appetizer" while waiting for the main dish. Pretty much, but hearty for all of us. :) Oh, I love breakfast!

Love,

Bella Donna

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I want the egg and fried rice and pandesal :) I am not a seafood person eeeh nor a peanut butter girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahahaha, i know you're not. next time i'll post something that's big and "americanized"---chicago style??? :) oh, maybe i have to do a research on that :P

    ReplyDelete