Friday, April 2, 2010

Burger, Burger, Burger!

When I was in high school, my parents used to operate a canteen beside our school in Pasay. My mom made her own hamburger patties that she sold on that year. It was made of ground pork, seasoned with soy sauce, black pepper, salt, garlic, onion a bit of parsley, and egg. Dashed with love and generosity.

Photobucket

During those time, we have a gay friend who is also operating a burger stand outside school. He was very popular among students. Most of them would go to his stand and spend the rest of the afternoons. And one of those students is this girl who used to be one of my best buddies back then. I just didn't know what happened after elementary days. Maybe we had the same crushes or something. But, she suddenly came to me at school and said: "kahit ano pang free ang isama mo sa burger mo, hinding-hindi bibili sa yo si Spencer!" (That boy was the most popular crush among girls at school) I was like, what was that??? Anyway, after that encounter, I never talked to that girl who used to be my "bff." I still made a lot of friends after her, though.

Despite that, I never lost my appetite making and eating hamburgers. Friends are like burgers; some of them maybe bland some of them juicy and tasty. You just got to pick the right ones to satisfy your hunger.

Love,

Bella Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment