Thursday, April 8, 2010

Buttered Tahong for Pulutan

I miss Mommy Anne's Buttered Mussels (Tahong). Every time we visit her at home in Sta. Ana for videoke nights and drinking session, she would cook some of our favorite pulutan like tokwa't baboy, lechon paksiw, and most of it all, the classic buttered tahong. She would steam the mussels and lovingly take them out of the shells, saute some garlic and ginger with butter, add the tahong and serve them while we empty San Mig lights off from their sari-sari store.

Anyway, when I went to the market, bought some tahong and cooked buttered tahong --- my own version. Haha, my own version only because I left the shells intact to the meat as I was so lazy to take them out. I just want to eat them right away. I put a few pieces of dried chili as I sauteed the meat with butter just to give a little spice.

Love,

Bella Donna

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment